Who is covered under this Policy?
What is information / Personal Information?
This Policy seeks to cover personal information of the Covered Persons provided to Flightsbird.com as also any information collected by the server from the visitor’s browser.
Personal Information We May Collect
Personal information” means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person, for example:
- Credit and debit card number and related information
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Postal address(es)
- Social media account ID
- Passport number
- The number assigned by a transportation agency, such as a Transportation Security Administration known traveler number
- Any other information you provide when you communicate or book travel with us (e.g., your dietary and other preferences or needs), as well as information about your bookings (e.g., points of departure and destinations)
What is this information used for?
- To conduct bookings, ticketing and payment transactions for the services available on the Site;
- To personalize your experience and give you better service: (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve the user-friendliness of the site; (we continually strive to improve the site offerings based on the information we receive from you)
- Website traffic analysis
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send emails, SMS and other communications for providing services, responding to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To respond to queries of the authorities in regard to your accessing of the site and services availed by you.
- Automatic Logging of Session Data
Of course, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords, and your Site membership account information. Please be very careful, responsible, and alert with this information, especially whenever you’re online.
With whom we share your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to. The information we provide to third parties who provide us with services or act on our behalf is protected by confidentiality agreements and is to be used solely for the purpose(s) permitted by such agreements.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites – If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here
We also may share your information:
In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or the Travelocity Services, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements. In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including suppliers, advertisers, affiliates, investors, and other current and potential business partners. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Choices And Access
How you can access your information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section on our website. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
You may opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis by following the instructions contained in each such email or by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. You may opt out of receiving push notifications from us through your device settings.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How we protect your information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section on our website.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.